After the start of the new year, we present the new version of the Simplicité platform.
This is the Simplicité version 3.2 officially available since early January. Based on the sign of maturity, this version embodies a year of R & D in all areas to offer the best possible experience for creating business applications.
Here is a summary of the main innovations of Simplicité version 3.2
Simplicité being a self-interpreted platform, performance on data loading and memory management are paramount.
That is why we are continuing the ground work of improving and fine-tuning cache management and loading of objects. You will notice it right away, from the connection (2x faster) and when displaying complex lists for example.
When implementing the Simplicité platform as a back-end of the Lofty start-up, we were led to work with 3 different front-end (Web, iOs and Android). This experience allowed us to refine and complete the APIs made available via REST / JSON.
On another axis, we have simplified the creation of specific page within the platform. The development of a front-end for external users is now much easier. A good example is the Return to France simulator available since early February.
For administrators and application designers, we have improved error log management. Now the script name and the offending code will appear when a compile or runtime error occurs. For reminders, logs are also available in the browser console.
In addition, new update mechanisms are available for Cloud clients. On the one hand, you can now switch automatically from version 3.0 to version 3.2, on the other hand, the maintenance patch update will be done automatically. No need to know what patch you were, the update scripts became intelligent.
Since the Simplicité platform is mainly dedicated to the IT professional, it is not meant to do things “simplistic”, but to make complicated things simple. Nevertheless, aware that the platform requires a little training and to facilitate its handling, we have set up a discovery mode. The Easy Mode. This one allows to discover the key concepts and to create a first application simply via a series of screens. You can test this mode by creating a sandbox (available for 1 month) directly online.
We have also worked on our ecosystem, as new modules are available on our resources. Whether new features such as the Markdown module that allows to manage its documentation in Simplicité, or utility modules like BootStrapTools, providing tools for creating front-end.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the new features of the v3.2 which you will find the screenshots and the examples necessary for their understanding here: resources Simplicité.
On the menu
– The core cache contains all definitions of all objects.
– At startup all definitions are read in 1 second.
– Less database access when instantiating objects.
– Optimization of loading lists with complex rules
– The login is 2 times faster
– Replacing the JAVA applet to send feedback from the user with a more modern version in HTML5
– Support for OAuth2 authentication of the “France Connect”
– EAN barcode management
– Integration of the HTML editor TinyMCE for the management of HTML fields
– Ability to add external datasources (with Tomcat) directly into Simplicité
– The diff module has been improved on the processing of images, scripts, resources
– Added SAML authentication
Small changes, big improvements
– All the actions on the objects are configurable, as the 3 buttons “Save”, “Save / Close” and “Close”. Often, source of questions, these 3 buttons are configurable at the level of each object.
– Redesign of the graphic modeler: big advantage of the platform Simplicité, the graphic modeler allows to have a view of the trade and to navigate in it. However, it could be put to the test in complex models. This is no longer the case. You can enjoy this tool even with a diagram with many objects and many links.
– Module management passes a step with the addition of links between modules. By creating a link between 2 modules, you build the skeleton of your application. More error possible by removing one module that would be useful to another.
– A new Markdown module to manage the documentation directly in the platform.
– Menus can be minimized when the screen size requires more space.
– The navigation history has been replaced by a clock icon.
– Shortcuts are available for each user at the top right of the screen
– Always more metrics by default: added list of user-agent browsers.