We are pleased to announce the release of the new version of the Simplicité Software platform. This is version 3.1, which is a little more than a year of development.
The improvements concern all the sides of the platform.
Substantial work has been done on the overall performance of the Simplicité platform through a finer management of the memory of objects and their loading time.
Application development is greatly simplified with the arrival of a new multi-tab scripting editor, a completely redesigned business module management and, above all, the appearance of scopes dedicated to an application domain. We are also seeing the arrival of new cloud as a service (PaaS) platforms, such as RedHat OpenShift and Heroku.
They are in addition to the already supported CloudFoundry PaaS: IBM Bluemix and Pivotal Web Services. Simplicité also runs on Docker containers. We do not forget the On-Premise with the official support of JDK8.
We have enriched REST services and simplified access to business objects between Simplicité instances. We now also offer new native connectors to Salesforce and OpenDataSoft.
Apart from the usual Ajax, Android, Flex … APIs, we now offer new OpenSource APIs hosted on GitHub to facilitate the development of specific frontends in DevOps mode, in particular with the Node.js and NodeRED technologies.
More information on Simplicité platform deployment on Simplicite.io
The Simplicité Software platform running on an application server, see several, we had to propose a simplified administration of Clusters, it is now done with the new screens of monitoring of the cluster and the management of the nodes.
Finally, a new graphic identity enriched the user experience by lightening the interfaces without losing functionality.
This new major release just released, we can already tell you that a first minor version is in progress. It will also bring a lot of new features (management of EAN barcodes, new system parameters, …). More details soon. Of course, our R & D teams are working hard on the next major iteration.
The roadmap is being finalized and you will not be disappointed. In the meantime, you will find below a non-exhaustive list of changes. A comprehensive list of resources is available in Simplicité. You will find screenshots and examples.
- Optimization of the memory cache management of objects.
- Documents can be stored in base: useful for cloud use SQL.
- Transaction management for SQL by Simplicité in the case of tomcat sever.
- Adding a script editor with tab management.
- Additional protection: System modules can no longer be deleted by default.
- Fully redesigned module management
- When deleting a module, a summary screen containing all the objects to be deleted appears. As well as alerts in the event that objects outside the deleted module are impacted.
- It is now possible to define a hierarchy of modules. This prepares the next evolution on module management for the next release: detection of module cycles and possibility to manage the cascade suppression of modules.
- Ability to define a reference URL for a module which allows to import or update a module available via this URL.
- New functionality to compare 2 application modules. Very useful for a climb of version between 2 environments.
- New possibilities offered on crosstabs like the configuration of formulas in the manner of Excel.
- Ability to compare 2 versions of a file (server side script, HTML, JS).
- New Cloud platform where Simplicite Software can be easily deployed
- RedHat OpenShift
- New OpenSources APIs based on Node.js and NodeRED.
- Docker support.
- Support for JDK8.
- Support for Google Oauth2 for authentication.
- New connectors for easily configuring business objects pointing to remote databases
- SalesForce business Objects
- OpenDataSoft open data datasets
- An object of another instance Simplicité
- JSON webservice update.
- New HTTPS calling APIs.
- New call to Google Geocoding API available.
- Graphic design and reworked ergonomics.
- New icons.
- Updating the Generic Mobile Interface to a Responsive Bootstrap Version.
- Web page template update Bootstraps.
- Monitoring: Added 2 SQL charts
- number of requests per time interval
- number of requests per second + execution time
- Support for Cluster monitoring.
- Managing Cluster Nodes.
- Added auto-completion that can be activated on each attribute.
- Added a feature to merge 2 entries of an object.
- Opportunities to search documents.
- Depreciation of several jsp for servlets.
Leave a Reply